Application for Ohio Family and Community Engagement Gallery Walk
5th Annual Family and Community Engagement Conference
Huntington Convention Center
Application Deadline: Tuesday, May 1, 2018
This year’s conference will take place on July 11-13, 2018 in Cleveland, Ohio. The purpose of the gallery walk is for Ohio school districts to showcase their family engagement practices within their district, school/s, and/or classroom/s. Gallery walks are an interactive technique for participants to communicate family and community engagement strategies. The gallery walk should reflect the best practices for family engagement implemented within their district.
• Ohio Gallery Walk Date: Wednesday, July 11, 2018
• Time: 12:55pm – 1:45pm
Four applicants will be chosen to create and display a station based on their family and community engagement practices. The display should introduce the district’s approach through visual aids and artifacts. Small groups will circulate between the different stations with a time allotment of 10 minutes per station.
The application proposal should include:
• District name
• Contact person
• Contact email and telephone number
• Whether district, one school, or one classroom will be presented (or a combination of them)
• Best practices of family and community engagement that will be highlighted
• Visual aids and/or artifacts that will be presented