The Coalition for Community Schools at the Institute for Educational Leadership is looking for an undergraduate student (junior or senior) to intern with our Communications team this summer. Ideal candidates will be detail-oriented, organized, creative, enthusiastic to gain new knowledge, and have a professional work ethic.
This opportunity will allow the intern to bring their classroom knowledge into a professional work setting and learn through hands-on application in a nonprofit environment, working both independently and in a team. They will gain hands-on experience to build portfolio and professional contacts.
A daily travel stipend will be provided.
- Editing the web copy for the new Coalition for Community Schools website
- Organize content for the new website
- Write press releases
- Develop social media content for Facebook and Twitter and begin engaging influencers on LinkedIn
- Assist in streaming live Facebook and Twitter coverage for special events
- Background in public relations, marketing, communications, or digital communication.
- Interest in education policy.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills with experience in social media & Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign preferred.
- Able to intern for at least three full days a week for at least 10 weeks. Preference will be given to those who can intern full time.
- Preference will be given to those who are able to attend the Community Schools Awards for Excellence and Advocacy Day on June 5-6, 2017.
Please submit your resume and cover letter (attention: Latraniecesa Wilson) that describes what interests you about this position, what skills and experiences you bring to the job, and what you would like to gain from this internship in this online form.