Details: The salary range is commensurate with training, education, and experience.
4301 Connecticut Avenue Northwest, Suite 100
Washington, D.C. 20008
Background: The Institute for Educational Leadership’s (IEL) is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to equip leaders to work together across boundaries to build effective systems that prepare children, youth and families for postsecondary education, careers, and citizenship. With an annual budget of 7.5 million, IEL is seeking an Operations Manager who can support the organization in its continued growth.
This is a D.C office based, in person position. The Operations Manager will provide
executive support to the President, IEL Board, office management, administrative and operational support. This position reports to the President of IEL. Manages day to day internal and external operations support, including but not limited to:
Office Management (30%)
• Manage office cleaning, maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, vendor accounts and errands.
• Manage the acquisition and facilitation of office space rental and subleasing arrangements, and coordination of space usage for internal and external meetings.
• Monitors, administers, and suggests modifications of office operation policies and procedures.
• Coordinates the distribution and tracking of all IT office equipment and solutions to issues.
• Provide general support to visitors.
Executive Support (50%)
• Manages communications, schedules, and calendars for President and IEL office functions.
• Develops pre-meeting briefing materials, schedules pre-briefs, and answers specific questions pertaining to the President’s events and activities.
• Assists the President, the Director of Finance and Human Resources in the development and production of Board materials.
• Supports the planning, logistics and notetaking for Board meetings.
Human Resource & Finance Management (15%)
• Manage distribution, acquisition and assessment of company culture diversity, equity, and inclusion surveys.
• Tracks the submission and completion of employee performance plans.
• Updates internal calendars, staff list, timesheets, and other documents as needed.
• Provide logistical support for staff meetings and external visibility activities.
Additional Duties (5%)
• Complete special reports and projects as assigned.
• Other duties, as assigned.
• No staff supervisory responsibilities.
• May supervise progress of project teams and/or interns.
• Educational background or interest in business administration, human resource management, or nonprofit management.
• Three to Five years of administrative support preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and scheduling applications such as Outlook.
• Superior attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
• High level of personal responsibility, flexibility, and confidentiality; and
• Excellent interpersonal skills, aptitude for working with a wide range of individuals, and strong collaborative teamwork skills.
If you would like to apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample (no specified length) to Maame Appiah at email@example.com. Please include “IEL Operations Manager” in the subject of your email application.
Application Deadline: November 12, 2021, or until filled.
IEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status or disabled veterans’ status. IEL is implementing a diversity and supported inclusion strategy and is actively and intentionally encouraging applicants of color and individuals with disabilities to apply.