POSITION DESCRIPTION: IEL Program Associate
The Institute for Educational Leadership (IEL) is a national expert in community-driven leadership development in the intersecting areas of education, health, and employment. The common thread in our work is supporting community and institutional leaders as they build systems around racial, disability inclusion, and economic equity goals. Our 57-year journey and experiences have resulted in approaches, tools and practices that reflect the needs of leaders no matter where they sit in communities. The authentic relationships that we build in the process shape the way we engage community leaders, do our work, and provide the foundation for deeper impact as we continue to address systemic challenges in the 400 plus communities that trust us as partners, especially during this unprecedented time in history.
Overview: The program associate provides ongoing administrative and logistic support for the staff and initiatives at IEL. At present, this position will support the program managers for the Ready to Achieve Mentoring Program, the Youth Service Providers’ Knowledge Skills and Abilities, and the Education Policy Fellowship Program. Project assignments may change over time as projects shift at IEL.
- Provide administrative and logistical assistance to support three projects.
- Help maintain routine communications with project sites, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Manage financial processes, including bi-weekly preparation of vouchers and basic tracking of expenditures and payments (i.e., meeting invoices, site visits and other project related invoices) to ensure timely and accurate payment.
- Write, edit, and produce a variety of project materials as well as IEL products as directed (e.g., conference programs, correspondence, program handbooks, quarterly reports, project guidelines, policies, proposals, newsletters, etc.).
- Assist with planning and organization of annual all-site conferences, site visits, and meetings.
- Assist with professional development virtual events logistics, administrative, and content planning
- Assist with events planning
- Represent projects at select meetings and conferences.
- Monitor and help to maintain project material on the IEL website.
- Coordinate the dissemination of project publications and products, using the IEL family of websites.
- Manage communication platform and direct mailing strategies in support of project and sites.
- Provide training materials and technical assistance to program and sites on data collection methods and reporting.
- Perform data collection, input, analysis, and reporting in support of monitoring sites’ progress toward performance measures.
- Serve on IEL-wide ad hoc committees and planning groups.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree plus as least two (2) years of professional experience (preferred).
- Strong problem-solving, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Data analysis and reporting experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven capacity to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience with various software packages: Microsoft Word, Excel,
PowerPoint applications; Adobe Acrobat; online bulk email services; some experience editing websites with online content management systems.
- Experience planning in-person and virtual professional events
- Strong interest in promoting equity and inclusion for youth and adults in areas that include program development, leadership development, workforce development, and/or education policy.
If you would like to apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample (no specified length) to Maame Appiah at email@example.com. Please include “IEL Program Associate” in the subject of your email application. Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, this position is fully remote and return to the office instructions will be provided at the appropriate time, following D.C., and CDC guidance.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2021, or until filled
Salary: Range is between $47,500 and $60,000, commensurate with experience.
IEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status or disabled veterans’ status. IEL is implementing a diversity and supported inclusion strategy and is actively and intentionally encouraging applicants of color and individuals with disabilities to apply.