Who we are:
IEL’s mission is to partner with under-resourced communities to equip leaders to better prepare children, youth, adults, and families for postsecondary education and training, rewarding careers, and civic and community engagement.
The Institute for Educational Leadership (IEL) is seeking a Data Management Intern to support the testing, launch, and use of a data platform that has both internal and external features. Internally, IEL will use this data platform to collect internal data, provide visualizations for program teams, and to measure our impact. Externally, IEL is working to launch this tool and is collaborating with external partners to produce various data reports.
• Support the beta-testing of IEL’s data platform and summarize the feedback provided by potential users
• Support the development and creation of public-facing informational materials, technical materials, and demonstration videos of IEL’s data platform
• Support data collection and cleaning of data for IEL internal metrics
• Gather feedback from IEL internal staff regarding the IEL data policy, and update the policy based on the feedback if necessary
• Support IEL internal data capacity-building activities, including internal webinars and an all-staff Data Equity Walk
• Conduct literature reviews for research projects
• Draft memos/summaries of literature reviews to inform data reports
• Support development of meeting agendas, PowerPoint slides, and other communication materials for meetings and formal presentations with external partners
Qualifications and experience:
• Currently in Master’s degree program in business administration, public policy, public administration, education policy, statistics, information technology, or a related field; or, undergraduates about to enter their final year of study with required skillset
• One to two years of experience or similar proficiency in data management, including data cleaning, data analysis, data visualization, and written data communication
• Practical experience or coursework in data analytical software, such as Microsoft Excel, Stata, R, or SPSS
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Comfort working remotely and using data sharing platform, such as Microsoft SharePoint
• Experience working with data analytical and visualization tools, such as Tableau, Power BI, and IBM Watson Studio
• Practical experience with marketing analysis and/or event planning
• Strong interest in working in a non-profit organization or the field of education
This is a remotely stationed, part-time or full-time position.
Hours and compensation:
Date will be flexible starting from early June 2020. The intern must commit to working a minimum of 20 hours per week for six weeks. This summer internship is only available for students who will receive course credits towards their degree. Students will be under professional supervision. The intern will be paid a stipend of $50 per day (up to $250 a week) for compensation.
Please send resume/CV and cover letter/personal statement to email@example.com by May 27th, 2020
IEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran's status or disabled veterans' status. IEL is implementing a diversity and supported inclusion strategy and is actively and intentionally encouraging applicants of color and of diverse backgrounds to apply.