The Institute for Educational Leadership (IEL) is a non-profit, nonpartisan organization and has been at the forefront of innovative efforts that bring together leaders across the various sectors of education, workforce development and child- and youth-serving systems. IEL builds partnerships across institutional boundaries, helping individuals and institutions tackle leadership challenges and leverage the resources of multiple partners to foster reform.
Scope of Work:
The Family & Community Engagement Network- housed at the Institute for Education Leadership- is currently seeking motivated undergraduate students. The intern(s) will take on communications, network outreach and conference support tasks for the annual National Family & Community Engagement Conference. They will be exposed to working in a non-profit office environment and gain experience in project management skills. Interns have opportunities to attend meetings centered on education advocacy and policy. This internship is ideal for students of interested in education or social work, and who are interested in communications, event planning, and public policy.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Ability to commit 3-5 days a week for at least 10 weeks.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to both internal and external stakeholders
• Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
• Ability to be a self-starter and work under minimal supervision
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Required. Additional software application knowledge a plus!
• Prior conference support experience preferred but not required
• Prior experience with CVENT event management system preferred but not required
Position is based in Washington, DC. We are willing to act as a supervisor to assure that any undergraduate can receive academic credit. We offer a supportive and fun office environment, where interns will gain valuable experience in education policy and reform. IEL is an equal opportunity employer
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and availability to the FCE Team at email@example.com. Deadline is August 31st. Prefered Start Date: September 6th.
Interns receiving credit will receive a travel stipend of $25/day. Interns not receiving credit will be paid current Washington, D.C. minimum wage hourly rate.