National Education Policy Fellowship Program – Fall Intern (2017)
Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
The Institute for Educational Leadership (IEL) is seeking a detail-minded leadership program intern who will work on the organization’s distinguished Education Policy Fellowship Program (EPFP). The intern will support the National Director of EPFP and the EPFP Program Coordinator. The internship is based on a 10 week cycle, working 3-5 days per week. Start and end dates for the internship are flexible, depending on the intern’s availability. This position is open to university students. College credit is offered in addition to a stipend of $25/day.
What You Will Get From This Experience
• Firsthand insight into nonprofit administration and DC education policy networks
• Leadership and professional development program support experience.
• Strategic professional communications skills.
• Friendly and committed office environment.
Responsibilities May Include
• Meeting support for our DC EPFP cohort and IEL events across the Institute.
• Write monthly newsletter and manage social media accounts.
• Develop program materials for our national EPFP network of Coordinators and Fellows.
• Contribute to alumni professional development webinars and fundraising efforts.
• Design pages for the EPFP website and engage in contact data management.
• Complete other appropriate duties as assigned.
More About EPFP
Built on three pillars—policy, leadership, and networking—EPFP provides leaders for education with a high-quality professional development experience, a neutral ground where leaders can explore complex policy issues from diverse perspectives, build leadership skills, and develop deep cross-boundary professional relationships. EPFP's goals are to:
• inspire and prepare the next generation of cross-boundary leaders for education;
• instill a deep understanding and expertise of public policy and education leadership; and
• connect leaders to a collaborative network of high-impact professionals.
• Education background and/or strong interest in one or more of the following disciplines: organizational and leadership development, business administration and management, education, public policy, or communications
• Rising Junior, Senior, or Masters Student
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Outstanding writing and editing skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and can-do attitude
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and problem solve
• Proficiency with the Microsoft products
• Competence with social media tools: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
• Experience with CRM databases a plus
Please submit your resume and cover letter using this survey form: