AHE NETWORK 2nd ANNUAL CONFERENCE
INCREASING POSTSECONDARY EDUCATION ATTAINMENT IN APPALACHIA:
IT'S ALL ABOUT GRIT - The Center for Rural Development, Somerset, Kentucky
June 23, 2015 (Noon) to June 25, 2015 (Noon)
GRIT is passion and perseverance for especially long term goals. It is an enduring commitment to a goal accompanied by consistent actions to achieve the goal in spite of setbacks. It is a long-term endeavor and it suppresses rival goals.
(The Duckworth Lab, University of Pennsylvania)
Student success in postsecondary education requires GRIT – on the part of individuals, institutions, and organizations. The Conference will feature plenary sessions and small group discussions featuring real life examples—from Appalachia and beyond—of how GRIT promotes student success. The Conference will also provide opportunities for developing a broader professional network among individuals doing similar work in similar circumstances.
Who should attend the conference?
- Secondary school teachers, principals, and counselors
- Community college student services and enrollment staff
4-year college student services and enrollment staff and counselors/advisors
- State education officials – higher education system; K-12 system
Workforce development organization - staff and Board members
- Economic developers
- Community activists – particularly those in rural areas
- Elected officials from the local, state and national levels concerned with education attainment
- Staff from foundations focused on increasing postsecondary education attainment, reducing poverty, etc.
For More Information about the Conference and Registration, go to: https://www.eventbrite.com/d/ky--somerset/ahenetwork/